Who we are
WOMEN NOW is a non-profit, feminist and multicultural organisation aiming at the promotion of gender equality and equal opportunities for our specific target population: migrant women, children, older persons and members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
Conceived out of a meeting of women with different backgrounds and profiles united by the same concerns about inequality, violence and discrimination against migrants, WOMEN NOW was launched in 2020, during the COVID-19 health crisis, to respond to the increase in violence against women amplified by the lockdown measures.
This is our mission:
- Fighting all forms of discrimination and violence against our target population (migrant women, children, older people and members of the LGBTQIA+ community).
- Promoting the well-being, mental health, social inclusion and empowerment of migrants.
- Advocating opportunity and access to dignified employment as well as a better appreciation of migrant workers.
- Promoting lifelong learning.
- Facilitating access to art and culture as well as promoting migrant female artists.
- Promoting responsible food sovereignty and working towards the acquisition of healthy lifestyle habits (balanced and responsible food, dietetics, etc.) for all.